Budget Friendly Valentine’s Day Crafts For Kids
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. Most of us have kids in school and like many schools, they like to host parties for holidays. There’s nothing better than a handmade gift. They are the ones that mean the most, especially when it comes from our kids. When kids give you something than it means everything to them. They do not know how to do anything by half measure, kids give it their all from their hearts. Nothing makes a home warmer than art work from the kids placed around the house.
There is no better holiday than the holiday of love, to do crafts with the kids. It can just be for the family crafts, or for their friends and classmates at school. The great thing about Valentine’s Day is that you can do so much with so little. Here is a list of great ideas I found on Pinterest by some amazing people. I have placed their direct links highlighted in Source.
Valentine Popsicle Frame Craft
- Popsicle Sticks
- White Craft Paint
- Foam Paint Brush
- Red and Pink Buttons
- Hot Glue/Hot Glue Gun
- White Card Stock
- Magnets for the back (optional)
1. Using hot glue, glue together your popsicle sticks into a square shape with the popsicle sticks being doubled on each side making a frame.
2. Paint your frame white with your foam paint brush and white craft paint. Let dry.
3. Once your frame is dry, you can start carefully gluing your buttons all over the front of the frame and even layering the buttons to create depth and dimension.
4. Cut a piece of white cardstock a 1/2″ bigger than the opening of your frame, have your kids write their own special message to whom they choose, and carefully hot glue it to the back of the frame.
Valentine M&M Butterfly Treats
- Pipe cleaners
- Paint/ Markers
- Ziploc baggies
- Googly eyes
1. Paint your clothes pins or decorate however you would like. My paint dried in less time than it took me to do the next step; these are very quick and fun to make!
2. Fill a snack bag 1/2 way with the m&m’s, tuck the zipper part under to hide it, and tie it with the pipe cleaner to secure it.
3. Place your dried clothes pin around the bag and pipe cleaner, glue on googly eyes and shape the antennas however you would like!
Valentine Tissue Paper Heart
Materials: All you need is a piece of paper or cardstock to make the base, tissue paper, pencil and glue.
Directions: First fold the paper in half and draw a large heart, well half a heart. Then draw another half heart inside of that one and cut it out.
Next cut your tissue paper into squares around 1.5-2 inches. Wrap a tissue paper square around the eraser end of a pencil and dip it in glue. Then stick to the heart base. Continue until you’ve covered the heart.
If you’re crafting with younger kiddos or ones with short attention spans it would be a good idea to make the heart smaller. This one takes a while.
Valentine Lil Love Monsters
- pipe cleaners
- googly eyes
- glue gun
- 5 oz paper cups
- piece of cardboard – 2 1/2″ x 4″
- scrapbook paper
- scissors or heart punch
1. Wrap your yard around the cardboard piece (long-ways) about 150-200 times
2. On one side of the cardboard tie a knot around the center of yarn
3. Flip the cardboard over and cut through the center of the yarn. this is your main hair pom pom.
4. Take an upside down paper cup and hot glue your pom pom to the top
5. Make another pom pom by wrapping the yarn (short-ways) around the cardboard about 20-30 times
this is your “toupee” pom pom. hot glue it on top of the other pom pom
now the fun part. decorating your monster.
6. Add your googly eyes
7. Make some pipe cleaner antennas and hot glue to the top of the head under some yarn hair
8. Punch or cut out some paper hearts and hot glue to the tops of the antennas
Valentine’s Day Play Dough Recipe
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Cream Of Tartar
- 2 Tablespoon Red Glitter
- 3 Tablespoons Oil (I Use Coconut Oil)
- 1 1/2 Cups Of Water
- Red Food Coloring
1. MIX THE FIRST 5 INGREDIENTS TOGETHER IN A BOWL. BOIL THE WATER AND ADD 10-15 DROPS OF RED FOOD COLORING ONCE BOILING. STIR WELL. MIX TOGETHER AND LET SIT FOR 10-30 MINUTES.
2. TIP: IF IT SEEMS TOO STICKY, KEEP ADDING CREAM OF TARTAR AND FLOUR UNTIL YOU GET THE CONSISTENCY YOU PREFER. SOMETIMES I NEED MORE, OTHER TIMES I NEED LESS. I THINK THE HUMIDITY HAS A LOT TO DO WITH IT
I also found these other great Budget Friendly Valentine’s Day Crafts For Kids
This is a really cool idea for all ages. Just add hearts and glitter and you are all set for the best Valentine’s Day Gift.
Want something thing that is sweet and salty to add to your treats bag, well this is the treat. It is delicious.
This is a great way to get the kids hands on and be creative. It is a great way to give all the classmates one necklace.